Friday 29 April 2011

Song of The Day #29 -Taylor Swift - 'Love Story'

Alvin....Simon...Selena Gomez!

No, I'm not being ironic. I genuinely like this song. Like properly. It's all my girlfriends fault for playing (and singing over it IN TUNE, definitely in tune, in case you're reading.) it constantly last year and going on about "that key change" over and over again. For those of you that aren't involved in my relationship, 'that' key change occurs after Taylor Swift sings "...pulled out a ring and SAID" and she's right you know. My girlfriend that is. It is an incredible key change and it's very very difficult not to get swept away with it. The joy of it and the enthuasiasm of the delivery are the main drivers I think. Either way, I gave myself over to it a long time ago. It's a sugary tidal wave of considerable power.

Taylor Swift - 'Love Story'


Just say yes.

The Royal Wedding was held today as well of course, making this song pretty apt and everything. It's funny really as I've never cared about the royals in any way but I enjoyed that ceremony for two reasons mainly. Firstly, as soft as it sounds, it's kind of nice to see two people that really care about each other isn't it? Secondly, I thought London looked just amazing on the TV. Proper majestic. I even found myself watching it thinking "How do I get to do this shit?" as if being in the royal family is something you can acquire by means of a graduate scheme or something like that. Still, hope they're happy together and I hope Prince Andrew is used to fill in potholes up and down the land because he's a USELESS TWAT.

So yeah, this is a country pop song that I really like and I know haters are gonna hate and Taylor Swift is probably the product of some greasy Simon Cowell style record company exec somewhere but whatever gurlfriend, if she's manufactured, she's been put together well.

Apologies for slightly shit and short post btw. I'm rushing like a Russian again.

P.S. I just saw this artist legitimately spelt as 'Tayler Sweift' on some site or another. I LOLd.

I got tired of waiting
Wondering if you were ever comin' around

My faith in you was fading

When I met you on the outskirts of town

No comments:

Post a Comment