Sunday 23 August 2009

This Is What I'm Talking About!

Raekwon's 'Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II' has been coming out forever but after the brilliant Wu-heavy 'House of Flying Daggers' found its way online a couple of weeks ago it looks like it really is happening this time. Reports that it comes out on the same day as Dre's 'Detox' remain unconfirmed.

When you're waiting and waiting and in this case waaaaiiiitttttiiiinnnnngggg for an album to drop, the little details really start to matter. Like album artwork, for example. Now, I wasn't expecting much when I read that Raekwon had posted the cover on his twitter but when I checked it out my first words were probably 'HOLY SHIT', I don't really remember. Anyway without further ado, how cool is this?!

Imagine pitching the idea of this monster to the powers that be. "Yeah, so erm, I was thinking about going with like kinda an absolutely massive Raekwon just chillin' in Times Square like he's King Kong or summin. Whatcha think huh? Maybe he's ripped off the head of the Statue of Liberty? We could throw that on there too. Walk with me man, I'm going for a C.R.E.A.M vs Godzilla vs King Kong vibe here. It works, no?"

Just awesome.

Raekwon - House of Flying Daggers (ft. Ghostface Killah, Inspectah Deck & Method Man)

No comments:

Post a Comment