Thursday 22 April 2010

Shutterbugg!

My dog. And some thang on-a lead.

Such a cool word. Could mean a million things couldn't it? I imagine loads of little kids shouting it and running to a football mascot. I imagine an American commentator shouting it when something happens in some American sport or another that I don't understand. I also imagine it being some new radical weapon on Call of Duty that in, some way or another, will make my life a misery by killing me over and over again before I've even had a chance to blink.

What it is of course is the name of the latest Big Boi single and my God. He. Has. Done. It. Again. Three singles in a row that are all different but all share one crucial thing - they're all absolutely stone cold, well, cold. That's what cool people use these days to describe something that's good. Big Boi's three singles from the forthcoming 'Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty' have been cold, rad, mega, brill, sick, bad and just really quite good. Use whatever word ya want, I don't know what generation ya belong to.

Tunes like this make you sort of not miss OutKast that much, no? *ducks*

'Shutterbugg'

"Shutterbugg! Everybody Shutterbugg!"



'Shine Blockas (Ft. Gucci Mane)'

"I came equipped like an prophylactic..."



'Fo Yo Sorrows (Ft. George Clinton & Too $hort)

"Put it in yo' mouth and squeeze it like your mornin' toothpaste."

No comments:

Post a Comment